We are growing – join the team!
has·to·be is a young dynamic company. With our software solutions, we provide access to public charging stations for everyone. We provide automated billing, service improvement and remote infrastructure maintenance. That’s how we contribute to the breakthrough of electromobility and to solving the range problem. Our systems are already operating successfully in 28 European countries. Among our customers are AUDI, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen, Alpiq and Swisscomm.
Do you want to help shape the world of tomorrow today? Are flexible working hours just as important to you as teamwork and flat hierarchies? Then become part of our team now!
Your tasks as a Staff Security Engineer
As a Staff Security Embedded Engineer, you will build threat models and remediate vulnerabilities. You will develop and implement new security paradigms for hardware and embedded systems in a rapidly evolving problem space. Secure systems are defined and built from the ground up by you, from hardware, to platform, to cloud.
- Design, implement, and test security of OTA, Secure Boot, and Firmware components.
- Build security and vulnerability management programs using open source and commercially available security tools
- Genuine passion for developing effective and pragmatic security tools to assess products and services
- Develop and perform cryptographic operations in embedded software and hardware systems
- Definition and execution of security-related verification and validation tests
This is what you should bring with you as a Staff Security Engineer – Embedded:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a comparable degree is an advantage.
- More than 5 years of experience in system security
- Experience in embedded software development (preferably C/C++)
- Deep understanding of security paradigms (secure boot, chain of trust, etc.) and related security threats, exploits, and prevention
- Digital signatures supporting various content encodings (e.g. JWS, XML-DSIG, PKCS#7)
- Network security topologies and approaches (such as CANcrypt, MAC-sec, IP-Sec, overlay such as Tinc)
- Maintaining onboard secrets per device using KeyStores, FS cryptography, device encryption.
- Practical knowledge of applied cryptography and common attacks on modern cryptographic algorithms (such as encryption at rest, TLS, hashing, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize, reproduce, recommend remedies, and implement fixes for vulnerabilities
- Passion for understanding and researching security vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- Experience with industry standard cybersecurity standards such as IEC 62433 is a plus
We offer a future-proof job in an innovative, growing and dynamic team with international customers in a sustainable industry. Our headquarters is located in one of the most beautiful areas of Austria, in a modern campus newly built in 2021 with a motivating work environment and many benefits. The current version of the IT-KV (ST2) will be applied.
We look forward to your detailed application
Jetzt bei has·to·be bewerben
Headquarter: Salzburger Straße 26, A-5550 Radstadt, Österreich