We are growing – join the team!
has·to·be is a young dynamic company. With our software solutions, we provide access to public charging stations for everyone. We provide automated billing, service improvement and remote infrastructure maintenance. That’s how we contribute to the breakthrough of electromobility and to solving the range problem. Our systems are already operating successfully in 28 European countries. Among our customers are AUDI, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen, Alpiq and Swisscomm.
Do you want to help shape the world of tomorrow today? Are flexible working hours just as important to you as teamwork and flat hierarchies? Then become part of our team now!
As a Staff Software Engineer – Embedded, you will develop, design, implement and test new systems in a rapidly evolving problem domain while working on embedded platform software in a Linux-based environment. You will write event-driven and asynchronous applications primarily in C and C++. You will program software that communicates with and controls other devices via interfaces such as CAN, UART, I2C, SPI and others. Cross-functional collaboration with other teams is also part of your job and you mentor other team members.
- Work on platform software including Linux kernel, and communication interfaces including CAN, RS-232/485, I2C, SPI, Modbus, and PPP
- Wireless networking knowledge, including LTE, Wi-Fi, and BLE
- Collaborate cross-functionally and globally with hardware, manufacturing, and other software teams to define specifications, features, and APIs
- Participate in design and code reviews, as well as mentor other members of the team
This is what you should bring with you as a Staff Software Engineer – Embedded:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Expert-level C/C++ coding (preferably in a Linux environment)
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Experience with event loops, asynchronous event-driven architecture and developing scalable and latency-optimized distributed application services
- Proficient with modern C++ (14 and 17)
- Proficient with GCC, Make, CMake, git, gdb
- Experience with messaging interfaces such as MQTT, D-Bus, CoAP
- Experience with custom Linux BSPs, board bring-up, device drivers, file systems
- Experience with buildroot, yocto, systemd
- Exposure in connectivity architecture using Wireless (Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC), and wired (Ethernet) interfaces
- Some prior experience with EV / EVSE products is a big plus
We offer a future-proof job in an innovative, growing and dynamic team with international customers in a sustainable industry. Our headquarters is located in one of the most beautiful areas of Austria, in a modern campus newly built in 2021 with a motivating work environment and many benefits.
The current version of the IT-KV (ST2) will be applied.
We look forward to your detailed application
Jetzt bei has·to·be bewerben
Headquarter: Salzburger Straße 26, A-5550 Radstadt, Österreich